Tuesday 22 January 2008

A Bolt From The Blue

I just got a call that the converted barn on my Dad's farm where Geek Retreat was meant to be taking place has been hit by a bolt of lightning.

There is no major damage but it seems there are electricity and internet issues. It's a bit to close to the planned date for me to risk going ahead so I will have to postpone Geek Retreat for the time being.

I was a bit peeved to hear this but a postponement has two hidden benefits...

One: I get to go to attend of the many social media events happening in and around the same weekend.

and Two: We can hold Geek Retreat closer to the summer and therefore reap the benefit of some better weather. Perhaps an outside fire with some kind of acoustic jam session.

Sorry to the people that had put the time aside. I will keep you posted here on any further dates that crop up.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Giselle and I want to come but we need to know the dates so we can buy plane tickets accordingly. Let us know.